Here are 15 CBD Oil side effects that are backed by scientific and consumer evidence. Outlining the different possible negative side effects of hemp Cannabidiol (CBD) oils, reasons why side effects occur, factors that may influence each side effects, and the best ways to avoid them. Side effects of CBD oil may include nauseau, headaches, dizziness, and dryness of mouth. Typical acid reflux or GERD ailments can now be treated with CBD. Antacids are no longer the only treatment. See more in Spinfuel.
15 Severe CBD Oil Side Effects
In this article, we will be outlining the 15 different possible negative side effects of hemp Cannabidiol (CBD) oils, reasons why side effects occur, factors that may influence each side effect, and the best ways to avoid them. Note: For 31 Proven CBD Oil Benefits list click here.
The side effects of CBD can be viewed from two perspectives and with two conclusions. The customer testimonial point of view, versus preliminary studies on people and mice.
Based off of user accounts and partial scientific research, these are 15 possible negative CBD oil side effects. However, each person’s body is unique and may react to CBD differently. Information about the exact negative side effects on CBD are limited. This is due to the infancy and newly recent explosion of the Hemp CBD industry, along with no extreme side effects have been found to this date in general.
In my opinion, it is also due because the side effects are not very complicated at all, and are fairly simple and ordinary. In fact, a CBD research study updated in 2018 found that “One out of every three users reported a nonserious adverse effect. ” This finding lines up with the popular consensus is that all cannabis products, CBD, THC or other cannabinoids are extremely safe with little to no major consequences. Especially in comparison to modern medications and treatments.
Let’s get into it!
1. Nausea: In studies and customer testimonials, people have found that CBD oil drops cause them stomach discomfort and nausea. Although CBD is designed to help these symptoms specifically. However, this can be caused by sensitive stomachs, using CBD on an empty stomach (not recommended, we suggest taking CBD 30 minutes to one hour after a meal), or due to taste or concentration.
Taking 1000mg of CBD as a first time user may cause Nausea, as this is a decently high amount of CBD. For an upset stomach or Nausea caused by CBD, we recommend and suggest people to decrease their dosage until they feel better, or drink water right after taking the CBD oil to rinse it down. We do not recommend stopping CBD outright, as this could affect effectiveness from consistent use.
2. Dryness of the Mouth: CBD oil drops have sometimes been found to give people dry mouths. Scientific evidence for this is limited, however, there was one study completed in 2006 from a male rat study that found that cannabis cannabinoids affect our endocannabinoid receptors in our brain, inhibiting the CB1 and CB2 that control saliva production. Therefore leading to less saliva produced and a more dry mouth temporarily. Luckily, the solution is easy. Just drink more water than normal, which is also why we suggest drinking a cup of water after taking CBD oil.
3. Dizziness: Dizziness can happen to those who take a higher concentration of CBD, or especially in those who try CBD vape pens. As the absorption rate of pens are 5x faster and can really hit you if you inhale a lot. However, this may be a placebo effect. Real dizziness might actually be caused by a drop in blood pressure. Our suggestion if this happens is to sit down, gain stability back, and snack on some items or drink tea.
4. Drowsiness: Studies and testimonials indicate the possibility of drowsiness from CBD oil. Drowsiness can be a benefit of CBD oil drops depending on someone’s needs. A higher dosage of CBD is known to cause drowsiness, which is why CBD has been used heavily to help with sleep insomnia and those who find it hard to sleep. All this means is take smaller doses of CBD during the day if you are working, driving or doing other possibly dangerous activities. Then take a higher dosage of CBD at night. There are new CBD products being specifically made to help you focus, such as CBD coffees, pre-workout formulas, and vitamin “focus” packets.
5. Change in Mood or Appetite: CBD has had a few cases affecting mood and appetite. This can occur indirectly through the reduction of Anxiety, which can cause people to eat more than usual or act differently. Therefore making people eat less or change their persona. However, CBD can also be found to help increase appetite, but mostly in conjunction with THC products. Our recommendation is to calculate your dosages and be aware of how you act, think or feel throughout the course of using the CBD products.
6. Vomiting: Vomiting is not a well-known side effect of CBD. In fact, a study from 2011 on rats found that cannabinoids can help decrease the need to vomit because of the way it affects the CB 1 receptors. Note, CBD helps Nausea through CB 1 receptors as well. If vomiting does occur, evaluate your entire diet, and think about what you ate 4-6 hours before. If not 24 hours before. There are a lot of variables in why vomiting can be caused, but one may be the fact that CBD is used to reduce the feeling of sickness. Therefore sickness may have caused the vomiting to begin with.
7. Diarrhea: Based off of a few customer testimonials, diarrhea could possibly be an side effect of CBD for those that have weaker stomachs. However, for the average person, this is rare. It is also likely that these people ingested CBD on an empty stomach. CBD oil drops should be taken within the first couple hours before or after eating. The most optimal time to take CBD oil products is 30 minutes to an hour after eating, in order to maximize bioavailability. Which is the absorption rate of CBD into your body. But also to ease digestion for your stomach.
8. Vivid and Dark Dreams: Some people have reported having extremely vivid dreams after ingesting CBD oils. This is likely to be due to one of the benefits of CBD, which is better sleep and increases drowsiness for helping sleep insomnia. Therefore, CBD helps put you in a deeper sleep known as delta sleep, slow wave sleep or N3. By putting you in a deeper sleep dreams can seem more vivid.
On top of that, a few people experience more dark and nightmarish dreams. It has been reported that this usually happens the first or second night people take CBD oils. We do not know exactly why this happens, but it may be due to the mental changes and adjustments CBD provides to your brain. In the rare case this does occur, it should go away quickly without any extra efforts needed.
9. Lack of Effectiveness: Basically the opposite of a side effect, but there have been a few cases reported where people feel no relief from their symptoms at all. This could be due to the lack of consistent use of CBD. This can also be caused by using too little of a dosage of CBD. In our opinion, any CBD oil with less than 500mg falls under this category. We suggest using a higher dosage of CBD, and if CBD benefits still do not occur, the brand product you are using may not be high quality. Or CBD oil simply does not work for you. Which would be a major bummer.
10. Worsened Symptoms from Parkinson’s Disease: Early findings from scientific studies suggest that a high dosage of CBD oil can worsen the symptoms and tremors from Parkinson’s Disease. We highly recommend speaking to your doctor before trying CBD oil for Parkinson’s Disease. Newer research has suggested that CBD oil can be beneficial at lower dosages for this disease, but we highly recommend speaking to a professional first.
11. Headaches and/or Migraines: The possibility that CBD oil itself causes headaches is likely very low. As CBD has been used to help migraines and headaches. However, people that have noticed headaches after using hemp CBD oil is most likely caused by the brand of oil used, the base oil of the tincture, solvents, or overall bad ingredients. We suggest changing brands or using a new CBD oil product to see if the migraines or headaches go away. That said, each person reacts to CBD differently and CBD oils may not be a great fit for you.
12. Liver Problems: This is the most severe problem on this list, and is also one of the newest ones to be identified for CBD and CBD products. As recently stated in the FDA meeting and hearing of CBD, liver issues have been found through multiple different studies and formal pieces of issues. They have identified the cause to be an inhibition or stopping of liver-helping medication, and in reverse promotes worsening liver function. Therefore beware of using CBD oil or any CBD products if you have any type of liver issues.
13. Affect Medications That Have Grapefruit Warnings: This is brand new information that goes along with liver problems that may be caused by CBD. CBD has been found to affect the same medications that have restrictions on grapefruit because it interacts with the same enzymes of the body that grapefruit does. According to Forbes, grapefruit and CBD both contain compounds that bind and basically neutralize enzymes in the gut (CYP450 enzymes), which help destroy and remove the drug from the body.
Because the enzymes are restricted, the drug would enter the liver and flow at higher levels because it is not being removed from the body. This may make a low dosage of the drug to be a very high dosage. CBD is possibly even more dangerous, by binding to enzymes in the liver and gut. It can take a few days for normal enzyme function to return.
Now this only pertains to medications with grapefruit, not on a standard basis of a normal person taking It is very case to case and you should discuss with a doctor if it will affect you similarly.
14. Lower Blood Pressure: In addition to above, CBD may act as a blood thinner, therefore possibly lowering your blood pressure. This can pose a real risk to those taking blood thinning medications. As well, those entering surgery should refrain from taking any CBD for up to a week in advance of any type of surgery. Discuss your use of CBD with your doctor before any surgery.
15. Increased Effectiveness: CBD has been found to increase in effectiveness the longer it is used. The opposite of tolerance. This means that over time, you may not need to take the same MG of CBD to reach the same desired effect. What this also means is over a few months of use, you should decrease your dosage to see if you still feel the same results.
What are some things that affect CBD oil side effects?
The negative side effects of CBD oil drops can be affected by a plethora of things. Including but not limited to age, size (Height/Weight), genetics, metabolism, concentration usage, brand, amount used, diet, and other related variables. The quality of the hemp-derived CBD oil, the specific oil base used, cannabis extraction method, and overall quality of hemp in the ground all make a difference.
Some farms have heavy metals in the hemp soil, which can negatively effect your entire body. Therefore make sure you analyze every brand and ensure they have an image of their Certification of Analysis or Third-Party test results on their product image pages. All the brands Binoid CBD works with have these images on every product image.
Common Side Effects of CBD Questions
Does CBD Get You High?
– No, CBD by itself cannot get you high because CBD is non-psychoactive and is usually extracted by the hemp plant. The hemp plant contains very little THC, the ingredient that gets you high.
Is CBD bad with other drugs or pills?
– Before we get into the answer to this question, consult your doctor or a medical practitioner before using CBD in combination with medications. From the most general point of view, CBD does not make a large difference with many over-the-counter medications. That said, high dosages of CBD has been found to affect some medications. Thus, it important for you to consult a professional before adding CBD to your daily routine. Some medications, drugs or pills might not work well with CBD. We believe this is rare, but every person has different circumstances.
Can I use or take too much CBD oil?
– A big NO, you cannot overdose or take too much CBD oil. That is simply because in the end of it CBD oil comes from a plant. But in terms of facts, there have been zero reported CBD related deaths. So stop worrying, CBD is very safe for you to ingest. Additionally, animals cannot overdose from CBD either. Dogs, cats, horses, small animals alike cannot take too much CBD oil. Our suggestion is to start at a small dosage, and slowly increase dosage and strength until you reach an optimal amount that works for you.
These possible negative CBD side effects can be seen as mild compared to many if not most medical treatments or drugs, such as opiates. This is what makes CBD so powerful as a possible solution to many conditions. From as minor to stubbed toes, to extreme conditions such as cancer, tumors, and seizures, CBD has the possibility to help these cases based off of customer evidence.
The current data suggest that CBD could be extremely useful for all types of symptoms or issues, and that the benefits completely outweigh the possible negative side effects. However, this data is not statistically significant, or conclusive enough to make a medical diagnosis or claim about treatment. But it is a start to learning more about a new compound that could be at the forefront of future innovations.
As it is now, hemp-based CBD was recently just approved in the first pharmaceutical drug treatment for seizures using cannabis. Steps and progress like this gives excitement for the future CBD helping many intense symptoms like arthritis, migraines, cancer pains, seizures, and plenty more.
For our best CBD oil solutions, click here. And use the coupon code TRYBINOID15 for 15% off our Water Soluble Wellness Drops on our store! Thank you for completing the article, if you have any questions or comments please post below.
Disclaimer: The statements made on this page have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). They are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician or healthcare provider. The information provided is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a healthcare provider, and should not be construed as medical advice.
Gabriela – I would suggest stopping your use of CBD for a couple days, and restart again to see if it is the CBD or something else. If it is CBD, I suggest using a different brand and see if that makes a difference!
Best of luck on your CBD journey!
A420N – CBD has been found to affect liver function, especially with prior medical history or problems. CBD may also affect your blood pressure. I would consult with your doctor before using CBD.
Gabriela – Many have found these issues when they first start taking CBD products. You may need to cut down on your dosage. However, most of those problems have been found to go away with consistent use.
I had hep-c but am now cured thanks to meds & have been clear since about 2015. Is Cbd not advised for someone like me with previous liver function issues ?
I have been taking cbc oil for sciatic pain but I always wake up with nausea,queasy stomach and fatigue the dose is 0.2 .
I have been taking cbc oil for sciatic pain but I always wake up with nausea,queasy stomach and fatigue the dose is 0.2 .
If you find your side effects becoming worse, you should stop taking CBD and consult a doctor before continuing. That being said, your side effects may diminish overtime. Possibly due to your body and mind adjusting to using CBD, or learning you may have been taking too high of a dosage. Therefore decreasing your dosage overtime might help. However, in case of serious illness or liver function issues, I would take those very seriously and would discuss with your doctor first before continuing your use of CBD. Or beginning in the first place.
Will the side effects diminish with continued use?
If you would like to see a list of the possible benefits based off studies, read our article on the 31 benefits of CBD here: https://www.binoidcbd.com/blogs/news/cbd-oil-benefits
Thanks for reading!
Can cbd cure stomach problem ,like gastritis or ulcer thank you for all the information and godbless
Consuming CBD Products with Antacids
You’ve tried typical acid reflux or GERD treatments but aren’t seeing the results you’d hoped for. There are many ways to overcome indigestion and heartburn, but here we will discuss the one way that could be the most effective one. That one way is using CBD. It’s also likely that you’ve read about the health advantages of CBD and are curious if it might assist with your acid reflux problems.
In this piece of information, we will examine how CBD products with antacids will help individuals. And we will also consider different Keoni CBD products that help individuals.
What are CBD Products With Antacids?
Antacids are the most generally prescribed treatment for heartburn, and because they work quickly, they’re also the quickest approach to alleviate your symptoms. Because they begin to neutralize the acid in your stomach when they reach it, antacids are the extremely fast heartburn therapy available.
Heartburn is less likely to occur if the acidity in your stomach is weak. The older an antacid stays in the stomach, the more effective it is, yet, getting food in your stomach can extend the impact of an antacid.
So CBD products with antacids will help individuals with stomach or acidity problems. People with acidity problems suffer a lot from this problem; they look for different ways to appease them. But among these, a great way is to use CBD products.
How serious are Gastrointestinal problems?
The gastrointestinal system is amongst the most delicate and complicated human organ systems. The rearward movement of stomach acid from your stomach to your throat via the esophagus is reflux (the tube that connects the two). When this happens, it can cause overproduction or backflow of stomach acid, known as acid reflux.
This backwash frequently irritates the lining of the esophagus. It causes distress in the upper abdomen that can progress to heartburn, and that is a strong, burning feeling in the heart that looks like a heart attack. GERD, closely connected to heartburn symptoms, affects one out of every ten Americans.
What Will Happen When You Consume CBD Products With Antacids?
If you use CBD products with Antacids, you can expect great relief from Gastrointestinal problems. But how will CBD products help an individual with these problems? Let’s understand this for better decision-making.
The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is present in every human body. It is responsible for various processes such as feelings, memory, and pain perception. The ECS, in particular, has anti-secretory effects on stomach acid, as well as reducing inflammation and mucous membrane damage that most GERD patients encounter.
While CBD connects with the endocannabinoid system, it inhibits acid output, which would otherwise result in real burn when treating GERD symptoms. In addition, according to research, when particular cannabinoid receptors are active, they exert pain-relieving effects throughout the body, including the gastrointestinal tract. This indicates that cannabinoids in medicinal marijuana may help treat acid reflux disorders.
You may notice the function of cannabinoids within our body’s cannabinoid receptors. If these receptors are active, a person’s risk of experiencing heartburn and other GERD symptoms is reduced. If CBD hits specific types of receptors in the endocannabinoid system (ECS), it can lower stomach acid output.
It works by preventing the production of stomach acid/gastric acid. Which also has an anti-inflammatory effect, which helps cure or prevent some forms of edema. Furthermore, our endocannabinoid mechanism can protect mucous membranes from injury.
Now, research teaches us that the location of cannabinoid receptor activation across the ENS and the gastrointestinal (GI) tract can help GERD a lot. Nonetheless, the appropriate distribution of CBRs is essential for gastrointestinal motility and inflammation.
What kind of CBD products with Antacids are available?
● CBD Oil:
Scientists have tested animals with such a biochemical composition comparable to humans. The findings have proven that CBD oil may help heal the gastrointestinal tract. According to the study, CBD attaches to the CB1 receptor when consumed.
CBD oil is usually applied to the skin in a lotion. Because a little goes a long way, each jar of CBD oil should last. In addition, CBD oil cannot be misused or addicted since it is not a narcotic like other medicines and is not consumed like ibuprofen.
A tincture is created by steeping cannabis flowers with alcohol for a long time. As a result, the CBD will be extracted in a much more condensed solution than that seen in most CBD oil products. Typically, tincture bottles include a built-in dropper so that a person can take one or multiple drops. Tinctures could be used alone or in combination with food or drink.
Makers of cannabidiol (CBD) skin creams say that their products relieve inflammatory diseases, useful for persons with specific health issues.
● CBD Edibles:
CBD edibles are another great way to get the cannabinoid into your system. Most CBD edibles taste fantastic and are visually appealing without sacrificing strength. As a result, they’re a considerably better option for sports therapy. Nevertheless, because it’s usually challenging to evaluate their powers, ingesting too many edibles in a short period might have detrimental consequences.
CBD pills are a fantastic way to get a more standardized dose of CBD. Also, it makes them a good option, particularly for those who don’t want to rely on guessing when it comes to dosage. CBD capsules are also straightforward to ingest and are an excellent option for on-the-go use.
It is a significantly more expensive choice, especially for first-time customers. To use CBD in this form, you’ll need to purchase a vaporizer and e-liquid. On the other hand, Vaping CBD is among the most effective ways to get CBD into your system. In addition, consuming CBD via the lungs has considerably better bioavailability than taking it through the digestive tract.
CBD does not have a “one-size-fits-all” dose. It’s an excellent choice for folks who have lung irritation. Nonetheless, it’s not the optimal way of ingestion for people with health problems like asthma.
Many people explore since what works best relies on various factors such as treating problems, body mass, and endurance. Furthermore, everyone’s digestion and endocannabinoid system are somewhat different, resulting in individual results.
What is the correct dose of CBD products for acid reflux?
Only via an experimental approach that might take anywhere from a day to a few weeks can you find the correct dosage for you and your unique body. Unfortunately, because of weight and the intensity of symptoms, there is just no one-size-fits-all approach to CBD administration.
The simplest way is to start with a low dose between 8 and 28 mg and continue with it for a week. If you still don’t see an improvement after that, you can increase the dosage by 5mgs. Then, repeat the monitoring method for another week, only increasing the dosage by 5mgs each time.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) may be pretty uncomfortable, making us avoid our favorite foods. If you’re suffering from heartburn, get medical attention and consider starting a CBD regimen. Now that medical experts are finding what this mild and natural substance can do for our bodies’ digestion, it’s becoming quite popular among patients with these disorders.