I myself 24 hr pre-soak but have seen some YouTuber's keep the seed in the water until a tap root grows from seed casing. MJ Seeds Canada can guarantee you a 80% germination rate if you follow the “Cup of Water and Paper Towel Seeds Germination Method“. There are 3 easy ways to germinate cannabis seeds: In a cup of water, On a damp surface or In soil. My favorite way of germinating weed seeds is to put them in a cup of water.
24 or 48 hours germination in glass/cup of water method?
I myself 24 hr pre-soak but have seen some YouTuber’s keep the seed in the water until a tap root grows from seed casing.
It seems common place in the grow community for people to make a big project out of the simplest task. Dropping a seed in moist soil has always worked for me, it’s worked in nature since they were being fed dinosaur shit. Personally i feel the more i have to screw with something the better the chance of fuckin something up.
Do not soak for more than 48 hours, I find this is the cut of point for problems, I soak for 24 to 48 hours and the tap root is barely protrouding from the shell. At this point you have to plant really.
To all those that think soaking seeds is complicated. its not and has been the quickest way to germinate without chemicals for years now.
Cup of Water and Paper Towel Marijuana Seeds Germination Method
MJ Seeds Canada can guarantee you a 80% germination rate if you follow the “ Cup of Water and Paper Towel Seeds Germination Method “.
Many of our customers have 100% success rate with the method. However, the result may vary just like any other natural products out there.
Before you get started, you need the following:
– a glass of distilled water
– 1 plate
– paper towel
– pill bottle
– Always use distilled water. Do not use tap water because it has many impurities that won’t do well with your seeds.
– Make sure that you germinate the seeds inside a closed room with a temperature of 18 to 25 degrees Celsius.
– Drop your seeds into a glass or cup of distilled water. Sink them to the bottom by using your finger tips. Soak them for 15 to 18 hours. Do not over soak because too much water can kill them.
– It’s normal that some seeds don’t soak right after you drop them in the water. Leave them floating a few hours to allow water to penetrate the shell . After a few hours, come back to it and use your finger tips to carefully push them down.
– Check them every now and then to make sure that they are soaked in the bottom.
NOTE: This process will let the water or moist penetrate the shell which will trigger it to crack and germinate. The process is complete when you see the shell cracks and a tiny root appears.
– Fold a thick paper towel which is free from perfumes and dyes and position it on top of the plate.
– Pour the seeds and the water content in the cup of water into the paper towel. Make sure that the seeds have enough space in between. Fold the paper towel to cover the seeds.
– Leave it in a warm, dark room area and let it set until they open. Check it every 5 to 12 hours to make sure that they are kept moistened. Use a water spray to keep them wet.
– Do not give up as seeds may take up to 7 days to germinate. Each strains differ.
– Do not use any type of plastic bag or any other method not included in this guide as it will void the 95% germination guarantee on our seeds.
– Once you see new taproot which is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch then the germination is complete. Now is the time for you to transfer your newly germinated sprouts into dirt or rock wool cubes with the taproot facing down.
Reminder: Most cannabis seeds germinate within 1 to 2 days while others may take up to 7 days. This happens depending on how thick their shells are. Each strain differs in their characteristics including the thickness of their shells. Please be patient.
Here are some of the reasons why they fail to germinate:
1. They won’t germinate if you let the seeds to sit on the cup of water for too long.
2. You let the paper towel to become too dry or too wet.
3. They are exposed to extreme temperature.
4. You used tap water instead of distilled water.
If your seeds fail to germinate, then you can try this as a last resort. Drop them back to the cup of water and wait until you see them crack and show the taproots. Sometimes, the shell are too thick for moist to penetrate. Once you see the taproots, transfer them into the paper towel.
We always test our seeds for germination because we want to make sure that all our customers will only receive cannabis seeds with high germination rate. If you follow the germination method above, then we can guarantee you with at least 80% success rate.
We won’t honor the germination guarantee if:
1. You planted them direct to soil.
2. You did not follow our germination method and used other methods like soil, rockwool and kits.
Your success is of great importance to us that’s why we would like to hear from you if you have germination guarantee issues. You may contact us via phone, chat and email any time
How to Germinate Cannabis Seeds?
You bought beautiful Premium Pro Seeds from Suzy Seeds and of course, you want to get started. First, you have to germinate the seeds. Below, I will discuss my favorite way how to germinate cannabis seeds extensively, but also suggest other good methods. Suzy Seeds exclusively sells feminized cannabis seeds, so you don’t need to remove male plants, which applies also to autoflower cannabis seeds. It’s good to know that a cannabis seed does not need light to germinate. What is important, though, is a humid environment and an ambient temperature of around 20 °C. In general, there are three easy ways to germinate cannabis or marijuana seeds:
– In a cup of water
– On a damp surface
– In soil
How long does it take cannabis seeds to germinate in general? Or how do we germinate autoflowering seeds? The time of germination of marijuana seeds depends on the method of germination we apply, but autoflowering seeds germinate in the same way and time as feminized or regular cannabis seeds.
My favorite way to germinate the seeds is to put them in a cup of water and then between a damp paper towel or tissue. This goes well in 99% of the cases. That is why I will more extensively describe this first way.
We recommend not to touch the seeds or the seedlings with your hands. If you do anyways, make sure your hands are clean and if possible use plastic gloves.
Suzy’s Tip: Try your germintion method on a couple of seeds (maximum 3). This way, you can test if your method works well. Often a wrong germinating method is used and the seeds don’t germinate. Do you want to germinate your seeds in a different way? Continue reading.
Germinating cannabis seeds in a cup of water
Maintain an ambient temperature of at least 20 °C, otherwise, the seeds will not or at least not optimally germinate. Use a clean room and area for the germination process. Fill a cup with water and put the cannabis seeds in it. After 3 to 5 days, the seeds should pop open and a tiny root should come out.
As soon as the sprout is 2 to 3 mm, you can carefully get the seeds out of the water and plant them in the soil. Planting the germinated seed has to be done with lots of care and attention. Put them 0.5 to 1 cm in the soil with the root down. This way, the root (the white sprout) will more easily grow downwards.
Germinating cannabis seeds on a damp surface
Maintain an ambient temperature of at least 20 °C, otherwise, the seeds will not or at least not optimally germinate. Put the cannabis seeds on a surface that holds moisture, like wadding, paper towel or tissues on a saucer. Moisten the surface well, but avoid making it too wet. The moisture evaporates quickly at room temperature, so check during the period that the seeds will germinate if the surface is still damp enough.
You can also cover the seeds with damp wadding or tissues and another saucer on top. Because of the moisture that gets into the seeds, they are activated and start to germinate. As soon as the germ is 2 to 3 mm, you can carefully get the seeds out of the water and plant them in the soil. Put them 0.5 to 1 cm in the soil with the root down. This way, the root will more easily grow downwards.
Germinating cannabis seeds in soil/compost
Direct germination of marijuana seeds in the soil is a commonly used method. You don’t have to handle the fragile plant, so it is not disturbed in its growth process. However, the chances that the seeds will germinate are lower than when applying the other methods. When using this method, it is important to use good soil. You can inform yourself about the different types of soil at your local grow shop. Maintain an ambient temperature of at least 20 °C, otherwise, the seeds will not or not optimally germinate. Put the cannabis seed about 1 cm deep in the soil. Cover the hole with some soil and gently press.
The soil needs to be light so that the plant can easily grow to the surface. Solid soil is hard to penetrate for the roots and will cause a delay. The weed seeds will germinate under the ground and will come to the surface after 4 to 10 days. There are also more germination methods that can be applied.