Soil to Seed Digital Access Code
Please note that this item is a digital access code. Each unit purchased will provide you with 1 unique access code to this digital curriculum. Purchase multiple quantities to receive the corresponding number of codes based on your needs. After ordering, all access codes will be emailed to the address associated with your account within one business day after the order has been processed. You will not receive a print copy.
Soil to Seed is designed to cultivate high school aged-youth in understanding the principles of erosion and sediment control. The curriculum begins with the fundamental mechanics behind erosion and sedimentation, then teaches students how to assess physical spaces for evidence of these processes, and eventually builds their knowledge base of how to manage and control soil loss and deposition.
1. Introduction to Soil Erosion
2. Site Assessment
3. Soil Properties
4. Rainbox Throwdown Experiment
5. Measuring Soil Erosion and Sediment Control: Best Management Practices
6. Erosion and Sediment Control Policy and BMP Mapping
Authored by North Carolina State University. Grades 9-12. 100 pages. This book is designed for the facilitator.
Watermelon Seed Milk
Rather than throwing away your watermelon seeds, turn them into a delicious seed milk with your Almond Cow! They’re rich in protein, vitamins, omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, magnesium, zinc, copper, and more!
Servings: 4.5 cups
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup watermelon seeds
- 3-5 chopped, pitted dates or 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Place watermelon seeds, dates (or maple syrup), and vanilla extract (optional) to the filter basket. Attach the filter basket to the top of the Almond Cow and twist in the direction of the close arrow to secure.
- Fill the Almond Cow base to the MIN line (5 cups) with water, attach the top.
- Plug in the Almond Cow and press the cow start button.