Preserve Grain & Seeds
Dry ice helps maintain the post-harvest quality of seeds by controlling insects, bacteria, and fungi which attack stored seeds and grain.
As gardens and farms reach full growth, it may be necessary to store seeds and grains after harvest for either future planting or shipping. Depending on need, dry ice can be used on a one-time or regular basis to fumigate stored seeds and grains.
Dry ice can also induce vernalization, which is the prolonged exposure to cold temperatures that some seeds require before they will germinate and grow for the following growing season.
Ice Wreck Marijuana Seeds By TheSeedPharm.com
Ice is a hybrid marijuana strain made by combining multiple strains into one seed line: Skunk #1, Afghani, Northern Lights, and Shiva. This strain produces sedating effects accompanied with a body buzz. Ice has an aroma that smells like diesel. Growers say this strain produces high yields with incredible trichome production. Ice is the ideal strain for a lazy afternoon at home when you have nothing to do.
- Helps with
Get perks like local deals, new strain spotlights, and a free jar of CBD:THC gummies when you sign up ($59 value)!
Days to maturity are calculated from date of direct seeding.
• Lettuce performs best in cool weather, 60-70°F, and grows in a wide range of soil types
• Plant as early as soil can be worked
• For extended harvest, plant every 2-3 weeks and choose heat tolerant varieties for summer
• Lettuce seed can be sown every month from February—October
• A cold frame and cold-hardy varieties can stretch the spring and fall growing season into the winter months
• Apply 1 cup of TSC’s Complete fertilizer per 10 row feet, and 1 inch of compost
• 1 gram of seed will sow 30 row feet
• Consistent, even watering is critical for best results
• Use row cover to improve germination and prevent soil crusting
• As soon as 2-3 true leaves have formed, thin loose-leaf types to 10-14 inches apart; icebergs, butterheads, and romaines to 12-16 inches apart
• Start indoors 4-6 weeks before anticipated transplant date
Insects & Diseases
• Common pests: Aphids and slugs
• Pest control: Strong spray of water for aphids or applications of Pyrethrin or Neem oil, baits, traps, or Cabbage Collars for slugs
Harvest & Storage
• While picking individual leaves helps extend the season somewhat, all eventually become bitter as they begin to bolt
What is pelleted seed?
Seed that has been coated with a clay-based material to form a larger, round shape. This makes planting by hand or mechanical seeder easier and allows for more controlled sowing of small seeds such as carrots or lettuce. All pelleted seed has a National Organic Program (NOP) approved coating.
For best results, store pelleted seed in an air-tight container and use within one season.
KEY TO LETTUCE DISEASE RESISTANCE AND TOLERANCE
HR indicates high resistance.
IR indicates intermediate resistance.
BR | Bottom Rot
DM* | Downy Mildew
LD | Lettuce Drop
LMV* | Lettuce Mosaic Virus
Nr* | Lettuce Aphid
PM | Powdery Mildew
Rs | Corky Root
TBSV | Tomato Bushy Stunt Virus (Lettuce Dieback Complex)
* Numbers indicate specific disease race.